The year was 1998 and I was working in Colorado as a government biologist when my career came to a fork in the road. I turned left and took the road less traveled - and never looked back! Leaving the security of a regular paycheck was hard and many called me crazy. But I wanted more and Environmental Adventure Company was born. My idea was simple - just provide people an opportunity to experience unsurpassed educational travel to great destinations - trips designed to provide a better understanding and appreciation of the beauty and wonder of our natural world.
The goals I set for EAC were also simple:
- To make every effort to minimize or eliminate any impact to wildlife and their habitats.
- To strengthen and encourage the conservation endeavors taking place at our destinations.
- To support local economies by using local guides, naturalists, etc., as much as possible.
- To develop programs that enhances the senses and creates an enriched appreciation of our natural world.
- To treat all cultures with respect and sensitivity of their beliefs and lifestyles.
- To leave the earth better than we found it.
Eleven years down the road, and many miles of travel under our belt, I'm proud of what we have accomplished. We've expanded from a "one man show" to a staff who are equally determined to share EAC's vision. Working in conjunction with both local and national non-profit environmental groups, we have grown. We are pleased that we can now offer trips to a wide variety of special destinations, providing unique experiences and learning opportunities for our clients. Our fellow travelers continually comment of the exceptional quality to our trips. They appreciate that:
- We only travel in SMALL GROUPS. Our average group size in 9.
- Our guides are LOCAL experts, the BEST from our destinations providing the utmost educational value.
- We choose only UNIQUE accommodations and HEALTHY, delicious foods.
- SAFETY is our top priority - we are with you all the way.
- We have lots of FUN!
If you want to experience the very best nature has to offer, learn from the most knowledgeable guides in the business, photograph majestic birds and wildlife, and watch an incredible sunset at the end of an extraordinary day - you have found EAC, simply the best tour operator - period! I personally guarantee you will not find a more professional, more dedicated or welcoming operator in the business.
Let us know how we can help with your next adventure. Actually, deciding which adventure to take is the hardest part!
Let’s GO WILD together!